Mcafee Removal Tool: McAfee is a renowned and reputed name in the world of cybersecurity. The antivirus and security software manufactured by this company have always been appreciated for providing end-to-end protection against all sorts of online threats. Every McAfee security solution is different from the other as some have been dedicated to secure your network, while other take care of your data, software, and applications.
There are many who look after the complete protection of your device from the harmful viruses, spyware, hackers, and other threats. Basically, all the security software have been designed to meet diverse security requirements of individuals and businesses.
However, the ultimate motive of every McAfee antivirus is to create multiple layers of defense so that no intruder can enter your device and steal or misuse your crucial data. No matter which (McAfee Total Protection, McAfee Internet Security, McAfee Server Security, McAfee Family Protection, etc.) you choose, it needs to be downloaded, installed, and activated on your device. Like these three essential processes, there is one more process, i.e., un-installation, which almost all the users should be aware of.
You might need to remove a McAfee antivirus from your PC in these three situations:
- To reinstall it on the same or another device
In case, if you have changed your PC and want your old McAfee antivirus to be installed on it, then you have to uninstall it from the previous computer system.
- To upgrade it to a higher version
If you no longer want the current version and want some other McAfee product that fulfills your security requirements, then you have to execute the un-installation process.
- To move to a premium McAfee product
If you are using a 30-days trial version, which is now expired, and want a premium subscription for your PC, then you will have to remove the installed McAfee product.
Steps to remove McAfee from your Windows 10 computer system
- Go to the Control Panel from Windows Start menu
- You can directly search for the same in Cortana
- Choose Programs and then Programs and Features
- Right-click the installed McAfee program shown in the list
- Choose Uninstall from the drop-down menu
- Wait till the process finishes!
Uninstall from the Settings Pane
- Click the Windows Start menu
- Find Settings
- Click Apps and then Apps & features
- Find McAfee from the list of programs
- Click Uninstall
- Get the updated version of McAfee Consumer Product Removal (MCPR) tool from McAfee website
- Double-click the downloaded file (MCPR.exe) stored in your system’s downloads folder
- Choose Run, Continue or Yes
- You will now see a McAfee Software Removal window
- Hit the Next button and then read the License Agreement
- Enter the captcha carefully for validation
- Click Next
- Congratulations! The removal process is complete
It is recommended to restart your PC after this process.
When you uninstall the antivirus, make sure you reinstall the same or download & install the updated or upgraded version as soon as possible to maintain the security of your device and privacy of your data. Before you do so, remove the temporary and residual files to avoid any disruption in the reinstallation process. While performing this task, if you find any technical glitch, then feel free to contact the McAfee support professionals.
After you uninstall mcafee from your computer you may need to install mcafee antivirus again to re-install mcafee go to mcafee.com/activate and then visit mcafee my account to download, install and activate your antivirus.