McAfee antivirus holds a remarkable position among the most famous security software manufacturers. This Santa Carla based brand offers world-class security solutions that can combat all types of viruses and hoodwink the harmful cyber threats. To buy a McAfee product, you can visit its website or any authorized retail store. Whichever among these two you choose, you will have to perform the downloading, installation, and activation process to allow the antivirus scan and protect your Android, iOS, Windows, or Mac device.
When you purchase a McAfee antivirus, it is recommended to create a McAfee account via mcafee.com/myaccount to manage and organize all your subscriptions. McAfee My Account creation is required in both online and offline mode of purchase. To do so, follow these instructions:
- Open Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or any other web browser
- Type home.mcafee.com in the URL
- At the top-right corner of the page, you will see a My Account option
- Click the same, and choose Sign in from the drop-down options
- On the next page, you will see “Are you a new user”, click the Register now button available right below to it
- Provide the following details:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Email address
- Set a secure password and retype it in the next field to confirm
- Click I Agree and follow further prompts to complete the registration
This email address and password will be the credentials needed for McAfee account log in. Once created, you can proceed to McAfee download, installation, and activation process.
Issues you can experience while creating McAfee My Account
During the registration process, you might experience several glitches, and some of them are:
- Unable to register with your given email address
Solution- When you enter the sign up details, you are asked to provide an email address. If you see any error with that ID, then try to register by using some other ID. The reason is that the given email address might be already registered with any of your other McAfee accounts.
- Sign up doesn’t work or Registration failed
Solution- Try to do the same in some other web browser. It may happen sometimes that browser cookies interrupt a program or website to perform its function properly.
If any of these problems persist, feel free to contact McAfee support professionals for the immediate assistance.